Motorcycle photography in Switzerland

I was very lucky to be invited to Switzerland for three weeks in August - and while it wasn't explicitly a motorcycle trip, there was plenty to photograph from a motorcyclists perspective.


I was able to get a couple day's worth of riding and photographing on a borrowed motorcycle, and boy did it make me appreciate my luggage setup on my own KLR650! More on that later...

Here are a few of the photographs, a sneak preview.


I had no idea that the Swiss made motorcycles. Here is a gorgeous 1934 Condor 850 sidecar.




















Love the "motorcycle" icon on Switzerland's road signs.






Vintage Husqvarna, vintage gear, vintage sideburns! This guy was racing with the modern enduro bikes.



My girlfriend's grandfather checking out a Moto Guzzi at what looks to be an auction or motorcycle show.




Somehow the Swiss license plate just looks right on this Steve McQueen edition Triumph Bonneville T100...



















I was lucky to be loaned this BMW Ündersteer 1200. Not built for the Swiss twisties! I sure was happy to be on a bike though!




The bike I wish I was riding!







5 Response to "Motorcycle photography in Switzerland"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    "The bike I wish I was riding!" --- Love that pic.

  2. Anthony - Motojournalism Says:

    Saw the Playmobil motorcycle photographer in a Swiss supermarket. HAD to buy it!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    perfect!! If he needs a change of clothes or a new head of hair, let me know.
    ...or a mug of beer, shovel, machete, cannon ball...
    E.

  4. Ben Slavin Says:

    Sweet man! Amber and I were riding the Alps in June. I hope you had a great time!

  5. Baju Kebaya Pengantin Muslim Says:

    "The bike I wish I was riding!" --- Love that pic.

Post a Comment